Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thirty Days of Truth- Day 1

So, I have decided to participate in the 30 days of Truth. What a therapeutic way to spend the month of December! Maybe by January I will have learned something new about myself and be able to make a New Years Resolution that matters.

Day 1: What do you hate about yourself?

I don't really hate anything about myself, but I do have some traits that are less than savory.

Ok, I really don't like that I tend to be so forgiving. It is totally irritating to have people do the same things to me over and over and never even be angry for it! I mean really. Someone can do something terrible and two days later I don't even think about it! Some people would say that's kind of a blessing but really. It isn't. It leaves me more open to having people use me and run over me.

I decided several years ago that I would be a good person no matter what. I am not particularly religious even though I was brought up in church and my family are all believers. I do think that we all pay for our actions at sometime, whether through Karma or whatever else. I don't want to be a good person because someone was nice to me, even though its always a good thing to have someone appreciate you. I want to be a good person to everyone because its what I personally believe is right.

Which is all great, but in the end you really need to learn to stand up for yourself. I love that I am able to look past peoples appearances and that I am willing to help friends, family and even strangers but I still find it irritating that sometimes my way of thinking ends with someone taking advantage of my forgiving nature. I don't think that being straightforward and honest is being a terrible person at all and when you think about it, standing up for yourself is really just telling the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment