Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Hm. 30 Days of Truth- Days 3, 4, and 5

Well, I have been MEGA busy and don't have a lot of time to post this month! I have a new blog over at Moms Buzz called Cloth Diaper Mommy, and I have been working my butt off! We had a power outage over the weekend which has left me scrambling to get caught up, too. So much for a break! So, today I am combining days 3, 4 and 5 in my Thirty Days of Truth for December.

Day 03- Something you have to forgive yourself for.

Hm. I guess we all have something that bothers us when we think about it. I think that my guiltiest thing is that when I had four young kids I was pretty impatient. I had a lot on my plate and it is HARD to manage four kids under five so there were times when I could have been more patient. Of course, as parents we always think about what we could have done differently. I have never been more proud of my kids than I am today, so maybe my parenting wasn't so bad. My kids are smart, funny, caring and pretty good people in general. Of course, I could be just a *tad* biased and partial to them. :)

Day 04 - Something you have to forgive someone for.

Well. This is a tough one. I think that the biggest obstacle I have in my life is forgiving my husband for being so tough to be close to. He isn't the type of person to lay everything out on the table and he doesn't like to talk about his feelings or anything like that. He is hard to get to know, and as a result I think it has made our relationship incredibly more difficult than it should be. Not to say we have a bad relationship, just the opposite in fact. But, the truth is that I do have some hard feelings for his lack of depth in our relationship from the past that kind of interferes in developing our relationship today.

Day 05 - Something you hope to do in your life.

I want to do a lot of things. I want to adopt a child outside the US, I want to travel to Alaska and see the Aurora Borealis, I want to travel to Mexico, Italy, Ireland and to Washington state to see the Redwoods. I also want to write a book or two.
The weird thing is that I write in my dreams. I have GREAT story ideas when I am sleeping or just lying in bed. Its the only time I have to THINK without someone talking, harassing or begging me for something! I guess that is life when you are a Mom of six and a wife, and it really doesn't bother me. But until the day when I have a few hours time when its quiet, I guess the writing is going to have to wait!

Life is so incredibly complex. I think that writing these posts really does sort of make you think, but most of us have so much more that makes us unique individuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment