Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer Time Diapers

Since it has been in the high 90's with heat indexes in the 100's we have switched to almost entirely prefolds and fitteds. We save our pockets for overnights, when the air conditioning actually seems to work and my poor little one is still having some issues with heat rash in the diaper area. I have resorted to laying him on a prefold for a couple of hours a day so that he can get some air.

So far, airing out has helped the rash a lot. He only has it when he wakes up and by evening it is reduced to just a tad of redness. Mostly it is where the diaper rubs, such as on the thigh and upper leg area. If you have a suggestion for a fitted combo that has a stay dry liner, I would love to hear it. I don't mind waking up and changing baby overnight, since he wakes up to eat several times, anyway. It just seems like most fitteds won't absorb for even the few hours I need them to without being way to wet to be comfortable for my little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment