Thursday, October 7, 2010

Wow, They Grow So Fast!

My now 10 month old baby has started letting go when he stands. It is just amazing and overwhelming how quickly babies grow in the first couple of years. Maybe its because I have six kids, and know that babyhood is so, so fleeting, but I really want to just remember every moment and enjoy it as it comes.

I think some people think I am weird because I don't mind holding my sons bottle for a few more months, or waking up in the middle of the night to feed him. Really, it's the least I can do to let him grow at his own pace in return for giving me so much happiness. I've always felt that way, though, through all six of my kids stages and ages. Just to let them be happy as kids is enough for me.

There is so much pressure on kids to grow up too quickly. Kids who don't know about adult things are often made fun of in school, but I know that protecting my kids for as long as I can really lets them enjoy life, without the stress of dealing with adult situations.

And tonight, when my son wakes up for the third time in three hours, I am not going to make him hold his own bottle, and I am not going to get irritated because I am sleep deprived. All I really have to do is look at his little curls highlighted by our night light, and I am just happy to be a Mom, even if I can't sleep more than four hours a night. Its a blessing that I am thankful for every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment