Monday, September 6, 2010

Sweatshirt Pocket Diapers

I don't have pics uploaded yet, but I love the idea of a sweatshirt pocket diaper. I made one from a sweatshirt I grabbed at my local thrift shop for 50 cents, and using a simple straight stitch turned the sweater into a cute diaper.

I used a premium prefold for sizing, but you will want to make the diaper a little bigger, especially if you have a baby over 15 pounds. For overnights, I stuff the wet zone with a tri-folded prefold and a pad-folded flat. It usually lasts all night on its own, and is absolutely bulletproof with a wool cover. Well, what isn't bulletproof with a wool cover? ;)

I chose a sweatshirt with a design, but really you will want to use the hem of the sweatshirt for the back of the diaper. The hem is a little better for using with a Snappi, and when made this way the design is covered up because I tend to fold any excess diaper over in the front.

Overall, this is a super cheap way to make a diaper that is pretty absorbent. I LOVE hearing about how people make their own home made diapers. Even though I have a full stash of pockets and prefolds, experimenting is so much fun. Plus, I often look for "play" diapers that my son can wear when he is exploring that I don't have to worry about him ruining, and these are perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment